Display and CAD - Smart meters
The combined Glow in home display (IHD) and consumer access device (CAD) is for people who'd like a real-time view of their energy consumption from their smart meters and access to that data via our Bright app, APIs and MQTT. Wifi enabled and very easy to set up.
As well as monitoring your consumption from home, because the display integrates our CAD, you can use our Bright app (download details below) to monitor your energy consumption anytime, anywhere. You must have an active Bright account when you order (it gives us the information we need about your meters and gives your consent for us to join the device to your meters), see Additional Information for more details.
- Real time electricity and gas monitoring through our Bright app or via APIs
- Easy to install
- Clear 3.5 inch colour TFT with touchscreen
- Applications and SDK available
- Supports Home Assistant integration over MQTT (Local and Internet)*
- Energy monitoring while outside the home
- UK SMETS compliant
The Glow IHD/CAD is Zigbee SEP 1.2 certified, works with SMETS meters and uses the latest SSL technology for secure Internet communications.
Viewing your data beyond the display: You can use our Bright App to view your consumption. If you like to work with data, you have three options:
- API access is available automatically using your Bright App credentials (further information available). User setup, security, data and device management functions are in-built so that you can focus on the application.
- Local MQTT access is available automatically
- Cloud based MQTT MQTT access is available on request
The Bright app can be downloaded from your app store:
Request if you order:
If you order, please either use your Bright email account for the order, or add it to the Notes field so we can retrieve your meter details, thank you for your help.
Additional information :
- The batteries slots are provided for short-term use only, they are not intended for daily use. Daily use requires mains power supply. If you use batteries occasionally, the device does not trickle charge the batteries.
- Our obligations as a DCC Other User mean that customers whose meters are enrolled in the DCC will have to verify their identity before we can retrieve their data; this is all managed through our Bright App. We are able to join your Display and CAD to your SMETS meters without your supplier's involvement because we are a SECAS (Smart Energy Code Administrator) approved DCC Other User. Please be assured that your verification data is stored in a separate, secure system and Hildebrand are ISO 27001 Certified.
- Note that electricity meters update every ten seconds, gas meters typically every 30 minutes; this is the data refresh rate available to customers with one of our CAD devices (and working meters and comms hub!)
- If your supplier has to replace your meters or communications hub, please contact us beforehand by sending an email to email@example.com. Not all suppliers are following the correct procedure and there is a risk the unit won't work afterwards; by telling us in advance we will ensure this risk is removed.
- Customers with the original version of the Octopus' Agile tariff can see the tariff on the display (needs to be requested). The forthcoming prices are published on the display and the Bright App and API data applies the Agile tariff to the cost of consumption.
Additional information specific to SMETS1 variant:
- The SMETS1 variant does not publish full data history for previous days, weeks and months as this wasn't mandated for SMETS1 meters. Because the unit works for both meter types, some screens for SMETS1 customers will make it appear as though data should be there but it won't because it technically does not appear on the meter. The Bright app does publish the full data history.
- SMETS1 variant is only available to customers whose meters have been migrated to the DCC infrastructure (they have been migrated if they were 'dumb' but now being treated as smart by your supplier).
- For customers who have a Trilliant Comms Hub we may not be able to join the unit to your meters - please contact us as that brand of SMETS1 Comms Hub is currently proving to be problematic.
- If you have meters that are enrolled into the DCC and don't want real-time information, we are also able to provide access to your consumption history, updated on a daily basis (half-hourly readings) with our Bright app.