Glow Zigbee CAD for Smart meters
The Glow consumer access device (CAD) is for people who'd like a real-time view of their energy consumption from their smart meters and access to that data via our Bright app, APIs and MQTT. Internet options is currently ethernet (Wifi will be supported but not immediately).
You can use our Bright app (download details below) to monitor your energy consumption anytime, anywhere.
- Real time electricity and gas monitoring through our Bright app or via APIs or MQTT
- Easy to install
- Supports Home Assistant integration over MQTT (Local and Internet)*
- Energy monitoring while outside the home
- UK SMETS compliant
The Glow IHD/CAD is Zigbee SEP 1.2 certified, works with SMETS meters and uses the latest SSL technology for secure Internet communications.
Use our Bright App to view your consumption. If you like to work with data API access is available automatically using your Bright App credentials (further information available). User setup, security, data and device management functions are in-built so that you can focus on the application. MQTT access over internet is available on request, local MQTT is built-in.
Ethernet cable and micro USB power are NOT included.
Currently only available to customers on our Waiting List who we have notified; we are offering the device to the people who've been on the list for the longest.
The Bright app can be downloaded from your app store. Please note that all customers with meters enrolled in the DCC must go through the verification process within Bright before we can fulfil in line with our DCC Other User obligations (see Additional Information for more details).
Request if you order:
If you order, please either use your Bright email account for the order, or add it to the Notes field so we can retrieve your meter details, thank you for your help.
Additional information :
- Our obligations as a DCC Other User mean that customers whose meters are enrolled in the DCC will have to verify their identity before we can retrieve their data; this is all managed through our Bright App. We are able to join your Display and CAD to your SMETS meters without your supplier's involvement because we are a SECAS (Smart Energy Code Administrator) approved DCC Other User. Please be assured that your verification data is stored in a separate, secure system and Hildebrand are ISO 27001 Certified.
- Note that electricity meters update every ten seconds, gas meters typically every 30 minutes; this is the data refresh rate available to customers with one of our CAD devices (and working meters and comms hub!)
- If your supplier has to replace your meters or communications hub, please contact us beforehand by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not all suppliers are following the correct procedure and there is a risk the unit won't work afterwards; by telling us in advance we will ensure this risk is removed.
- Customers with Octopus' Agile tariff can see the tariff on Bright (needs to be requested).
Additional information specific to SMETS1 variant:
- SMETS1 variant is only available to customers whose meters have been migrated to the DCC infrastructure (they have been migrated if they were 'dumb' but now being treated as smart by your supplier).
- For customers who have a Trilliant Comms Hub we are not be able to join the unit to your meters - please contact us as that brand of SMETS1 Comms Hub is proving to be problematic for any devices, not just ours.
- If you have meters that are enrolled into the DCC and don't want real-time information, we are also able to provide access to your consumption history, updated on a daily basis (half-hourly readings) with our Bright app.