Display and CAD - Smart meters
The combined Glow in home display (IHD) and consumer access device (CAD) is available for people who'd like a real-time view of their energy consumption from their smart meters. It is Wifi enabled and very easy to set up.
As well as monitoring your consumption from home, because the display integrates our CAD, you can use our Bright app (download details below) to monitor your energy consumption anytime, anywhere.
- Real time electricity and gas monitoring through our Bright app or via APIs
- Easy to install
- Clear 3.5 inch colour TFT with touchscreen
- Applications and SDK available
- Supports Home Assistant integration over MQTT (on request)*
- Energy monitoring while outside the home
- UK SMETS compliant
The Glow IHD/CAD is Zigbee SEP 1.2 certified, works with SMETS meters and uses the latest SSL technology for secure Internet communications.
Use our Bright App to view your consumption. If you like to work with data API access is available automatically using your Bright App credentials (further information available). User setup, security, data and device management functions are in-built so that you can focus on the application. MQTT access is available on request.
The Bright app can be downloaded from your app store. Please note that all customers with meters enrolled in the DCC must go through the verification process within Bright before we can fulfil in line with our DCC Other User obligations (see Additional Information for more details).
Request if you order:
If you order, please either use your Bright email account for the order, or add it to the Notes field so we can retrieve your meter details, thank you for your help.
Additional information :
- Batteries are provided for short-term use only, they are not intended for daily use. Daily use requires mains power supply.
- Our obligations as a DCC Other User mean that customers whose meters are enrolled in the DCC will have to verify their identity before we can retrieve their data; this is all managed through our Bright App. We are able to join your Display and CAD to your SMETS meters without your supplier's involvement because we are a SECAS (Smart Energy Code Administrator) approved DCC Other User. Please be assured that your verification data is stored in a separate, secure system and Hildebrand are ISO 27001 Certified.
- If your supplier has to replace your meters or communications hub, please contact us beforehand by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not all suppliers are following the correct procedure and there is a risk the unit won't work afterwards; by telling us in advance we will ensure this risk is removed.
- Customers with Octopus' Agile tariff can be supported but this needs to be requested. (The forthcoming prices are published on the display and the Bright App and API data applies the Agile tariff to the cost of consumption).
- The SMETS1 variant does not publish full data history for previous days, weeks and months as this wasn't mandated for SMETS1 meters. Because the unit works for both meter types, some screens for SMETS1 customers will make it appear as though data should be there but it won't because it technically does not appear on the meter. The Bright app does publish the full data history.
- SMETS1 variant is only available to customers whose meters have been migrated to the DCC infrastructure (they have been migrated if they were 'dumb' but now being treated as smart by your supplier) or who have the Secure Liberty 100 SMETS1 meters.
- If you have meters that are enrolled into the DCC and don't want real-time information, we are also able to provide access to your consumption history, updated on a daily basis (half-hourly readings) with our Bright app.